Ryan Family Law, P.C.
Ryan Family Law, P.C.

Elgin, Illinois

Call Today!

Our Hours:
Friday 9AM–12PM
Monday 9AM–5PM
Tuesday 9AM–5PM
Wednesday 9AM–5PM
Thursday 9AM–5PM

Enforcement And Contempt In Illinois Family Law Cases

At Ryan Family Law P.C., we represent clients in a broad range of post-judgment and contempt issues. If you have received a judgment concerning child support, custody, visitation or other family law issue, and the other party has failed to comply, we can help you take the necessary steps to enforce the court’s orders. Likewise, if you have been accused of contempt or failing to comply with a divorce order, we can represent you in the civil court proceedings.

When one party is not complying with court orders, there are a number of legal means that can be employed, including contempt proceedings. We assist clients in a broad range of contempt and enforcement matters, including:

  • Child support enforcement and arrearages
  • Enforcement of spousal maintenance
  • Visitation/parenting time and custody enforcement
  • Property division enforcement

Let Us Help You Take Legal Action

Whether your ex is behind on child support payments, is not complying with a parenting schedule, is refusing to give up property in accordance with the property division agreement or otherwise failing to comply with a divorce decree or court order, it is important to take legal action.

Our lawyers can help you with all of the necessary legal details of petitioning the court for an enforcement order. The court has the power to confine the other party to jail, award a fine and the turnover of bond money, and even award attorneys fees to compensate the party seeking enforcement. It is important to have an attorney who is familiar with all tools available for enforcement, even if jail time is not what you’re seeking.

Schedule Your Free, Half-Hour Consultation

If you find yourself wrestling with concerns related to an enforcement or contempt matter, please call our Elgin office at 847-586-0161. You may also send us an email. Our attorneys will help you evaluate all of your options and decide the approach that is best for you.